Old 07-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #1
Gareth
TFF Acquaintance
Gareth is on a distinguished road

Default Minimum Post Requirement for the Freelance Mart

Yep...

As the title suggests, this needs to be implemented to avoid people's first posts on this forum looking like this;
- http://www.thefreelanceforum.com/sho...o=newpost&t=66
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
Anthony
TFF Regular
Anthony is on a distinguished road

I see your point, the only downfall is that it may lead to spammy posts being made in order to post an ad in the marketplace forums.

This is exactly the reason as to why I was against them in the first instance, however his post doesn't appear to be spammy and I doubt any of the community will purchase hosting from him if he doesnt make himself known or contribute regularly.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Andrew
TFF Acquaintance
Andrew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I see your point, the only downfall is that it may lead to spammy posts being made in order to post an ad in the marketplace forums.

This is exactly the reason as to why I was against them in the first instance, however his post doesn't appear to be spammy and I doubt any of the community will purchase hosting from him if he doesnt make himself known or contribute regularly.
Just to give an example: Say we have a 5 post requirement, and someone really wants to post in the marketplace, and contribute no where else. He will make 5 spammy posts elsewhere, and then post in the marketplace. With no post requirement, they can automatically post there, whether it be spam or quality posts. You have the same options of quality with the other poster. Either way, you are guaranteed to get spammed, so might as well take the lesser route, and just delete the few spam posts in the marketplace that show up there.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Xavier_3D
TFF Acquaintance
Xavier_3D is on a distinguished road

Agreed to Andrew's point. Moreover, I believe post requirements should be implemented on Larger Forums. TFF is still developing. Once we get the headstart here, then similar to famous ones. I'd recommend a 25 Post Count over 5.
Xavier_3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
jamesbond
TFF Acquaintance
jamesbond is on a distinguished road

yeah very nice and helpful information about Post Requirement.
jamesbond is offline   Reply With Quote